Phil Mickelson & Tiger Woods Register for the U.S. Open

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Phil Mickelson & Tiger Woods Register for the U.S. Open

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Big News hit the golfing world earlier this week when it was announced that Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods both registered to compete in this year’s U.S. Open at The Country Club in Brookline, Massachusetts. The announcement of Mickelson’s entry is even more important than Woods’ in my opinion as Mickelson has been missing from the PGA Tour since January. Mickelson’s absenceĀ  has led to increased speculation that he has been suspended from the tour or had signed with Saudi Arabia backed Super Golf League. So, the discovery that Mickelson will be competing in the U.S. Open will perhaps bring a sigh of relief for the most ardent Phil supporters out there. I think I can speak for most people when I say that Phil deserves a warm welcome back to the tour, as it is simply not the same without him. As for Woods, he did far better at The Masters (his first return back to the Tour since his car accident last year), than most expected I think. But I also believe more work needs to be done to prepare him for the difficult conditions the USGA always provided for. It will be interesting to see both of these men competing in golf’s toughest test this year, but hopefully, we will get to see both Mickelson and Woods playing earlier than that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Phil Mickelson & Tiger Woods Register for the U.S. Open
Your information: