Phil Mickelson Out at The PGA Championship, I’d Like Some Answers.

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Phil Mickelson Out at The PGA Championship, I’d Like Some Answers.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Today it was announced that the reigning PGA Champion and fan favorite, Phil Mickelson has withdrawn from the PGA Championship. This news comes as quite a surprise to me, as it seemed like regardless of the controversy surrounding Mickelson as of late, he would still not miss the opportunity to defend his PGA title. The PGA of America recently came out and said that Phil was welcome to play, so obviously more questions now arise as to why Phil’s not competing. Was it a response to the PGA Tour’s denying of waiver requests from players to compete in the first LIV event? Or was Mickelson’s mental and physical game simply not ready for competition? Who knows. In any case, I feel like Mickelson’s public relations team has dropped the ball over this entire Saudi Arabia/LIV ordeal. In my view, Phil should come out and explain why he is not competing, and explain a few other things while he is at. I think his adoring and loyal fans deserve some answers from him on this, and I also think he would be helping himself a lot by talking to them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Phil Mickelson Out at The PGA Championship, I’d Like Some Answers.
Your information: