Mickelson has a shot at history, but we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves.

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums Mickelson has a shot at history, but we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

It seemed surreal when watching Phil Mickelson on Saturday walk in a birdie on the par 4 tenth hole top get to -10 and open up a five shot lead at the PGA Championship. He was playing some unbelievable, dominant golf, and I thought for a moment that he could run away with the tournament. Unfortunately, Phil squandered quite a few shots on the back, and eventually finished with only a one shot lead over Brooks Koepka going into the final round today. After Phil’s collapse at the Wells Fargo Championship, I thought that it may be the end for Mickelson as far as being competitive on the tour. But, in typical Lefty fashion he proved me wrong, and here he is leading the PGA Championship by one shot going into the final round. Phil has a shot at history, as he could become the oldest major winner of all time. Though, I must say, to expect a win from Phil here is still asking a lot, he is still 50 years old, we know that it is very difficult for him to keep his focus, and Brooks Koepka is as dominant a competitor in majors as any one I’ve ever seen. So, it’s going to be tough for Phil to pull through I think. But, he is Phil and he has proven us wrong many times. Perhaps he can provide us with one last thrill today. I would love to see him lift that Wanamaker trophy for a second time. Phil’s runner-up finish at the 2016 Open Championship still stings me to this day, maybe Phil can win one this time around. Good luck, Phil, we’re all pulling for you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Mickelson has a shot at history, but we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves.
Your information: