McIlroy Eyes The U.S. Open

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour McIlroy Eyes The U.S. Open

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Last week at the RBC Canadian Open, Rory McIlroy put on one of the best displays of golf I’ve ever seen from him on the PGA Tour. Firing off an -8 62 in the final round, McIlroy electrified the crowds on his way to recording his 21 victory on the tour. Coming on the heels of the first ever LIV tournament, and the breakaway of a number of notable players from the tour, the PGA needed to deliver a stunning Sunday finish to show that they were still in charge, and McIlroy delivered that Sunday. You can tell McIlroy is embracing his role as the face of the PGA Tour, and now that it is U.S. Open week, I’m sure he will be looking to make an even bigger statement. Since 2014, the majors have been a weak spot for McIlroy, where inconsistent play throughout the week has seemed to rain supreme. But, I think this week will be different, I think we are seeing a reinvigorated Rory, a tougher Rory, and much of that is because of the LIV. I have no doubt, he will be looking to go for the kill this week. How do you think Rory will finish?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: McIlroy Eyes The U.S. Open
Your information: