Can Lefty pull off another miracle at the U.S. Open?

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Can Lefty pull off another miracle at the U.S. Open?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

It’s been almost two weeks since the PGA Championship, and I still can’t believe Phil Mickelson came away with the Wanamaker Trophy. I must admit, I never thought Phil could pull it off. At age 50, and playing in the final pairing with the dominant Brooks Koekpa, I thought Phil might put on a good show, as he always does, but to take home the title, I didn’t think it could happen. He proved me wrong. At age 50, Mickelson defeated Brooks Koepka and Louis Oosthuizen to win the PGA Championship, and take home his sixth major. Lefty did the impossible. Now that Phil proved to everyone that not only can he still compete at the highest level, he can win, the question is, can Phil finally capture the one major that has evaded him his entire career? The U.S. Open at Torrey Pines is coming up the week after next, and normally we all might say, Phil doesn’t have a chance. But, after his victory at the PGA, he showed us that he is not done yet. I think this year, Phil has as good a chance as anybody to win the toughest major in golf. Lefty can’t have anymore confidence than he has right now, and Torrey Pines is a course he has had tremendous success on, and it’s in his hometown. Can he pull off another miracle at the U.S. Open? I think we all are hoping he will.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Can Lefty pull off another miracle at the U.S. Open?
Your information: