Brooks Koepka Defects to LIV. What does this mean for the PGA Tour?

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Brooks Koepka Defects to LIV. What does this mean for the PGA Tour?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Earlier today is was widely reported that Brooks Koepka has jumped ship from the PGA Tour and signed a contract with the newly established Saudi Arabia backed LIV Golf Tour (The PGA’s competitor). There is little doubt that Koepka’s addition to the LIV circuit is significant, as he is a four time Major winner, and his presence will surely attract some more fans to the next LIV in Portland. But is Koepka’s defection truly significant? Honestly, I really don’t believe so. Koepka has never really been a needle mover on the PGA Tour for ratings or ticket sales from what I have seen. Moreover, Koepka has not done very much on the PGA Tour this season so far, only bagging two top five’s, which is not horrible, but not very inspiring either . While he is a highly accomplished golfer, Brooks doesn’t seem to have the star power or loyal following as a Rory McIlroy or a Jordan Spieth. That’s just my observation. For now, I think LIV will need to bag some more players to truly be a threat to the PGA Tour in my view. But, only time will tell. What do you think?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Brooks Koepka Defects to LIV. What does this mean for the PGA Tour?
Your information: