Bill Horschel’s Sixth Victory

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Bill Horschel’s Sixth Victory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Last week’s WGC-Dell Technologies Matchplay Championship proved to be yet another exciting event. Billy Horschel captured his sixth victory in nearly a decade, and it was a sweet one at that. In the final match, Scottie Scheffler came out with an early one up lead over Horschel  after birdying the par four second hole. However, Horschel was quickly able to get the match back to even by birdying the fifth hole. After a bogey by Scheffler on the seventh hole, and another birdie by Horschel on the ninth, Horschel was able to take a two up lead on Scheffler heading to the back nine. Horschel would maintain that lead for the remainder of the match, and was able to hoist the trophy at the end of a hard fought day. With difficult course conditions, as well as some questionable shots and decision making by Horschel and Scheffler throughout their match, Sunday was quite memorable. Scheffler appeared to really not want to let this tournament get away from him and he stayed tough throughout the match. It would have been Scheffler’s first win on the PGA Tour had he come away the victor this week, and I’m sure this is going to hurt for a while. But, with the way Scheffler has been playing, I think a victory is not far away, and I think he can take a lot of positives out of this week. With the exception of Jon Rahm and Jordan Spieth, almost all of the players I expected to see in contention this week were eliminated early on. I guess that just goes to show you that you can expect just about anything in the Matchplay events, nothing is a certainty. In any case, it was a great tournament to watch, and I think the next week’s Valero Texas Open will make for some exciting golf as well. The Masters is quickly approaching too, so I think we’re going to be in for some great tournament play  in the weeks to come.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Bill Horschel’s Sixth Victory
Your information: