Belated Congratulations to Patrick Cantlay

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Belated Congratulations to Patrick Cantlay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Two weeks ago, Patrick Cantlay capped off a stunning season by capturing the 2021 Tour Championship, and with it the FedEx Cup. This victory is the sixth of Cantlay’s career, and by far his most impressive. With the win, Cantlay took home $15 million dollars, vaulted  all the way up to the fourth position in the World Golf Rankings, and was named PGA Tour Player of the Year. Not a bad season to say the least, and I think it is only the beginning for Cantlay. Next year, I would expect to see him take home at least one Major Championship. As someone who has followed Cantlay’s career fairly closely, his string of victories this year is truly remarkable. For a long time, Cantlay’s persistent back issues had really hindered his ability on the Tour. He made his professional debut way back in 2012 at the Open Championship, and I think we all expected him to really dominate right out of the gate. However, he struggled quite a bit because of the injury.  Cantlay didn’t play at all during the 2015 and 2016 seasons, and it was about five years before he won his first tournament on the PGA Tour. So, to see this comeback, and to see this success is truly amazing. So congratulations, Patrick, it is well deserved, and I hope to see more victories come.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Belated Congratulations to Patrick Cantlay
Your information: