Are We All Being Too Rough On Phil Mickelson?

Welcome to the Golf Talk Forum! Forums PGA Tour Are We All Being Too Rough On Phil Mickelson?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Phil Mickelson’s recent comments in support of the Saudi Arabia backed Super Golf League has generated a great deal of controversy. But is this level of hostility truly warranted? I don’t believe so. Throughout his thirty year run on the PGA Tour, Lefty has proven to be one of the most kind, generous, and exciting players on the course. And I believe those qualities should vindicate Phil from much of these attacks. Like everyone else, Phil is an imperfect man, and he should be judged on the basis of all of his actions on tour, (which are mostly good), rather than one bad moment. We should all take a step back, and not pile on Phil, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

#1708 Reply
    Mike Collins

Hi all
    I find it incredible that people talk about the reason we should not allow the PGA players to join the Saudi’s Tour is because of human right issues. Think about what the USA history was and still is when it comes to human right issues,including going back to the start of the PGA Tour.
    Food for thought.
    Mike Collins

#1710 Reply
    GolfDay
    Keymaster

Very good point, Mike. There is definitely a lot of hypocrisy from people condemning players for joining the Saudi backed LIV Tour over human rights abuses, while at the same time, they ignore the U.S.’ rather questionable human rights record through the years, not to mention their intimate involvement with the Saudi regime itself. There is a double standard there for sure, which needs to be addressed.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #1708 in Are We All Being Too Rough On Phil Mickelson?
Your information: